Black History Museum is Open!
Reservations and Tickets
Make reservations and purchase your admission tickets ONLINE HERE.
COVID19 Guidelines for Museum Visits
As the Black History Museum & Cultural Center of Virginia (BHMVA) along with a coalition of Richmond’s cultural institutions confront the continuing challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic, the safety of visitors, staff, and volunteers remain our primary concern. Our individual sites have been working together since March to coordinate efforts, share best practices and develop a common approach to reopening to the public in a responsible, deliberate manner.
So as our City and our Commonwealth move forward, we want to assure all visitors that we are committed to providing everyone with safe, secure, and supportive access to our facilities. While we anticipate all sites to be open by July, we will continue to use these shared principles and the most current facts to ensure the best experience for our visitors.
We are doing everything in our power to promote safety and comfort for all BHMVA visitors with an emphasis on more rigorous daily cleaning and frequent sanitization procedures.
1. Make reservations and purchase admission tickets ONLINE HERE.
2. Group visits limited to 10 or less
3. Face mask required covering nose AND mouth
4. Check in providing name and contact info
5. Answer health questions and have temperature taken
6. Sanitize hands at stations throughout the museum
7. Stay 6 feet apart from others not in your party
8. Use plastic gloves on touch-screens
9. Visitors under 16 require adult supervision
10. Call in advance to make arrangements for guided tours
Visitors who do not follow these guidelines will be asked to return when they are ready to do so.
Call Faithe Norrell with any questions – 804-780-9093.